Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Cheater

So my roommate Bridge has this girlfriend. I don’t know her name so I’ll just call her Gisele since she looks a little like Ms. Bundchen. Apparently (this is the gossip I got from Tommy, the guy I’m renting the room from) they had been dating for a couple years until Bridge dumped her, saying he just wanted to enjoy being single—mind you, the man is 35 years old. And then sometime within the last month they reconciled and I’ve pretty much never seen him without her.

Last week I made myself some pasta for dinner. It was around 11pm when they got home and I was working on my computer when Gisele popped her head in my door and said, “Excuse me, is it your pasta? (I’m doing her accent)” And when I said yes she said, “Can I have some?” Kind of random considering the girl doesn’t even know me but she is the kind of person who would do that kind of thing. Later she came by to thank me, saying the food was delicious (aw!). And to top it all off, she has this tiny little crippled Chihuahua that is just the cutest. The first time I tried to pet the thing she nearly bit my hand off. But these days she always comes in my room and hangs out—she just hops around on her 3 good legs, its really cute.

So the girlfriend is always here but she’s kind of grown on me. You know those girls who are sort of airheads but don’t really realize it? That’s her. Or maybe she’s just high, who knows. Anyway she’s super cute and really sweet. By this point I’ve probably spoken more to her than I’ve spoken to Bridge.

Anyway, last night I get home around 12:30am and what do I find? Some random black haired, tattooed chick laying all up in Bridge’s bed (his door was open)! She gave me a little half smile and said “Ciao”. And Bridge was walking out of his room and just gave me a quick “Ciao” over his shoulder. No this two-timing, no good, son-of-a…

And today, guess who’s back: yep, Gisele. Not even 24 hours between the two. She was laying in the bed when I walked in the front door, in the same spot tattoo chick was the night before—I just wanted to tell her, “Some skank was lying there this morning, get out now!”

But of course, I don’t know her like that so it’s not my place to tell her that her man’s a dog. So we just chatted a bit, me feeling sorry for her. On the other hand, I can only wonder if it isn’t her fault she's in this mess. From what I hear, Italian women put up with a lot of bullsh*t. Maybe she feels like she just needs to suck it up and take what she can get. Who knows?

Anyway, I’ll just focus on not giving Bridge dirty looks when he comes around. Hopefully I don’t run into any more of his mystery women while I’m here. Homeboy isn’t even all that. Where does he get off thinking he can play Mr. Casanova?

4 comments:

  1. Wow Stacy.. I love you :) hahaha but you really crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol aw Jem I miss you! Will be home for the holidays so we'll def get together when I get back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than most movies...please keep writing about the escapades of Bridge, who shoulda been named Troll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I hear, Italian women put up with a lot of bullsh*t.

    No need to make unfounded generalizations.But back to the matter, it's best to keep out of it for now since you don't know either of them like that,maybe they have an open relationship or he is a dog.Either way just keep an eye out.

    Nevis. x

    ReplyDelete