Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Buon Compleanno!!

Today is my birthday—and to top it all off, my Champagne Birthday (when you turn the same age as the day you were born) so it feels extra special and sparkly.

Tonight I celebrate by doing a few things: First, I’m going to a Rome Expats Happy Hour near Campo de Fiori which could be a nice chance to meet some interesting, like-minded people. Or at the very least enjoy an aperitivo with a couple girlfriends.

Then I head to ‘Gusto Wine Bar for dinner with a random mix of people I’ve befriended over the past month, some as recently as last weekend. One of these new friends is a singer named Wendy Lewis from Gary, Indiana (RIP MJ) who’s been living in Rome for the past 15 years. She tours all over the continent (she’s just getting back from a gig in Zurich as a matter of fact) and tonight is her first local show in a long while—it happens to be at 'Gusto, on my birthday. A bunch of her Italian friends are coming out for the show and she invited me to join the table and celebrate with them.

And this weekend I’m taking a week long trip to Cinque Terre, Turino and Milano—I forfeited a day at the spa (which is ridiculously expensive here by the way) in favor of a train trip up North to visit a few cool cities and see some friends I haven’t seen in a while.

So that’s my birthday! I’m off to give myself a manicure/pedicure and a relaxer (yes, I’m doing it myself… and yes, I know its bad but you can’t afford luxuries when you’re living the gypsy life!), a little beautification for the occasion.

Take a look at the lovely note I received from The Universe this morning:

A few years back, not so long ago, heaven and earth erupted into a major celebration with the news of your impending adventure into this very time and space. You see, someone like Stacy [last name] doesn't come along all that often. In fact, there's never been a single one like you, nor is there ever ANY possibility that another will come again. You're an Angel among us. Someone, whose eyes see what no others will EVER see, whose ears hear what no others will EVER hear, and whose perspective and feelings will NEVER, ever be duplicated. Without YOU, the Universe, and ALL THAT IS, would be sadly less than it is.

Quite simply:

You're the kind of person, Stacy,
Who's hard to forget,
A one-in-a-million
To the people you've met.
Your friends are as varied
As the places you go,
And they all want to tell you
In case you don't know:
That you make a big difference
In the lives that you touch,
By taking so little
And giving so much!

Stacy, you are so AWESOME! For your birthday, friends and angels from every corner of the Universe, including buddies you didn't know you had, will be with you to wish you the HAPPIEST of days and an exciting new year in time and space. You won't be alone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Stacy!

How beautiful is that?? I realize everyone probably gets the same message but it brought tears to my eyes! How special am I! THANK YOU, Universe!

27 is going to be a fantastic, incredible year, I can feel it!

13 comments:

  1. YAY for birthday greetings from The Universe!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day! It sounds like it's going to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! When J and I were in Rome last weekend we went to a bar called la Boticella not far from Piazza Navona (Via di Tor Millina). Happy hour until 9pm and lots of American/Canadian expats. We had a great time; you should def check it out!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, Happy Birthday! Second, I happened to come across your blog this morning and have since read about 90% of your adventures from Paris until now. Your time there brought me back to the summer I spent in that city. And it sounds like you're having an amazing time and really enjoying life! I hope to be in London next year doing the same expat thing. Anyway, hope you have a great birthday!

    PS- After reading a good portion of your blog entries since 2007, I can't help but wonder how your relationship with B is now. He seems like someone that is good to have in your life, in some way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy bday stacy!!! sounds like you are having tons of fun!! welcome to age 27 (coming from a veteran- just turned 27 three months ago, lol)... pick up some fine italian men for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grazie mille everyone! :)

    Emily- thanks for the tip, I'm obsessed with finding different aperitivo spots. I'll check it out!

    Tausha- thanks for reading... I am having a blast so far. These last couple of years have been incredible, hopefully the 27th year will be even better. As for B, we're friends now. We'll always be close. Only time will tell if anything will happen beyond that.

    Nikita-- LOL thanks girl! And I am definitely working on the Italian men part. That would make a nice birthday present! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Stacy!!! So i see you maybe coming up to Milano. If you want we can catch up. Send me mail assenio at yahoo. ci vediamo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ciao, bella -- e BUON COMPLEANNO, pero un po' tarde! Didn't know it was your birthday, but I am THRILLED to see that you are having a great time in my favorite city after Paris. :-)

    Big hugs to Filly and Elyssa next time you see them -- I want to hang out with you guys in Rome!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spero ha avuto un buon compleanno! Okay, not sure if that is written correctly but I'm sure you know what I mean. I hope you had a happy birthday!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Bday!! My champaigne birthday has passed but I hope you enjoy 27. Mine is coming up soon. So I'll see you in December for that one lol. Wendy Lewis? Was she on an episode of Blackatlas.com. Sounds like Rome is where you need to be right now. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the b-day wishes everyone!
    And DeVon, yep she's the one who was on Blackatlas :)

    ReplyDelete